Griffin & Strong, P.C. (GSPC) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based professional corporation that focuses on law and public policy consulting. The firm was organized in 1992, incorporated in June, 1996, and has been in business continuously since that time—over twenty five years.
Griffin & Strong, P.C. has methodically built its experience and reputation in the area of public policy consulting and supplier diversity consulting and has conducted disparity studies, drafted program legislation and engaged in remedial program development nationwide. GSPC is unique in that it is a law firm with a public policy consulting division whose sole focus is disparity research and equity and inclusion program analysis and consulting. We are suited to analyze and respond to the current legal climate which confronts governmental efforts to promote equity, to ensure that all citizens are given an equal opportunity to compete in the area of public contracting.
Below are a few jurisdictions GSPC has or is performing disparity studies for:
- Bexar County, Texas
- City of Atlanta, Georgia
- City of Chattanooga, Tennessee
- City of Cincinnati, Ohio
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- City of Durham, North Carolina
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- City of Phoenix, Arizona
- City of St. Louis, Missouri
- City of Tacoma, Washington
- Clark County, Nevada
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Dekalb County, Georgia
- Fulton County-County of Atlanta Landbank Authority
- Fulton County, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Lottery
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Houston Metropolitan Transit
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
- Montgomery County, Maryland
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- New Orleans (LA) Aviation Board
- Newark, New Jersey Consortium
- Port of Houston, Texas
- Sound Transit, Washington
- State of Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- State of Tennessee
- State of North Carolina
GSPC has also engaged in the following public policy and supplier diversity consulting arrangements
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games (ACOG)
- The New World of Coca Cola
- FedEx Forum (Memphis)
- Mercedes Benz Stadium (Atlanta)
- State Farm Arena (Atlanta)
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 4 (Cohort Lead)
- Consulted with the following cities:
- City of San Antonio, Texas
- City of Chicago, Illinois
- City of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- City of Los Angeles, California
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 6 (launched in June of 2019)
- Consulted with the following cities:
GSPC presents the most experienced and qualified team in the industry with each team member holding significant experience in disparity study consulting and program development.
Michele Clark Jenkins. Sr. Director, Consulting Group - Project Manager
- 10 years of Disparity Study Project Management.
- 23 Disparity Studies, 4 goal- settings for Georgia DOT, 3 goal-settings for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Inter’l Airport.
- Expertise in post-study guidance.
- B.A. in Anthropology, Princeton University;
- J.D. NY Law School;
- Certification in Negotiations from Harvard University; PMP Certified Project Manager; and Certified Contract Compliance Administrator.
Dr. J. Vincent Eagan – Principal Investigator
- Served on over 120 disparity studies since 1993
- Foremost national expert is disparity research
- Over 120 disparity studies.
- Successful expert witness in 6 cases.
- Member of Bloomberg Business Week Academic Advisory Panel on law for 12 years
- J.D. from Harvard University; and Ph.D. in Economics from Georgia State University
Omekah Edmondson Deputy Project Manager
Project management and outreach coordination
Cross-industry experience in marketing and public relations, utilizing a data driven approach to craft c-suite level communications. Responsible for coordinating project timelines and facilitating the outreach efforts that inform the study’s anecdotal evidence chapter.
Skilled in event planning and coordination as well as process improvement.
Holds Bachelors degrees in Public Relations from the University of Georgia
Dr. Gregory Price – Sr. Economist
Econometric Oversight and Private Sector Analysis
- Skilled Econometrician and Applied Theorist, Experienced in Economic Forensics.
- 20 Disparity Studies
- 25 years of economic analysis of discrimination and disparity of employment, private sector contracting, lending and public contracting.
- Former president National Economics Association.
- PhD. in Economics from the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
Marcus Garner Writer Journalist
- Multi-platform communications profession with more than 20 years experience in written and oral communications
- Written opinion and special articles for industry publications like “Governing Magazine” and “U.S. Security Post”
- Former Director of Communications for Dekalb County Office of the District Attorney & Solicitor-General.
- Former Senior Report for the Atlanta Journal & Constitution, Atlanta’s main local paper
- M.S. in Newspaper Journalist from Syracuse University
- B.A. in English from Clark Atlanta University
David Maher, GSPC Legal Division, Partner
- Litigation specialist with over 20 Years of experience in corporate defense, litigation support, civil appeals and general counsel.
- Georgia Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law and in Labor and Employment Law.
- Served as Federal Law Clerk in 11th Circuit Court of Appeals responsible for research and drafting opinions in areas of employment, civil rights, and immigration.
- B.S.W from University of Wisconsin; JD from Florida State University.
Susan Johnson - Director of Project Administration
- More than 30 Disparity Studies as Contractor Administrator or Deputy Project Manager.
- Former Director of Human Resources for Concessions International
- Contract Compliance Administrator for the City of Atlanta Office of Contract Compliance
- B.A. Political Science, Spelman College; M.S Urban Government and Administration and an M.A. in Human Resource Management, Georgia State University
Omar Baig - Data Analyst
- Talented data professional who has performed data analysis on GSPC engagements for Invest Atlanta; the City of Greensboro, NC; Cuyahoga County, Ohio; and the City of Chattanooga, TN. Responsible for data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Skilled in technical systems, data platforms and process improvement.
- Holds a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from the University of Georgia.
Rodney K. Strong, Esq Chairman and CEO
- Recognized as national expert in Disparity Research, Supplier Diversity, and Remedial Program Development and Implementation.
- Former Director of Contract Compliance for the City of Atlanta, GAs
- Project Manager for the first major post-Croson disparity study
- Principal architect of the City of Atlanta’s EBO Program, which became the national model for post-Croson MBE programs
- Testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Doris McMillon., McMillon Communications, Inc.
- More than 40 years of experience in news anchoring and reporting.
- Professional speaker and author, emcees/facilitates large events and conferences for corporate and government clients.
- Performed anecdotal interviews for a multi-jurisdictional study that included Orange County, FL, the City of Orlando, the Orange County Public Schools and GOAA; lead the development of public outreach and communication strategy for Prince George’s County Comprehensive Housing Strategy; and provided community outreach and public engagement for the WSSC Disparity Study in Prince George’s County.